Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lilacs, Groundhogs & Grad Students

I haven't been here for awhile.  Was really busy last weekend cooking for the breakfast I'm hosting this Thursday morning at the clinic in honor of my current--and final--grad student!  I have been a precepter for 10 grad students & enjoyed nearly every second.  I feel that this is my legacy to my profession.  My grad student is also applying for my job.  Way cool.

Everyone I talk with in our area is raving about how nice the lilacs are this year.  Our next-door neighbor has a huge lilac bush bursting with blooms.  They literally scent the entire area here at the end of the road.



I had an interesting moment early this week.  The alarm on my phone went off.  The dog woke up, walked over to the bed wagging her tail & walked with me to the door of the bedroom.  My thought was 'This is a Groundhog Day moment'.  I think Ari & I have played this scene out every day for more than 7 years (since she was a pup) and we would do it again the next morning and the morning after that and well, you get the picture.  It was endearing mostly but also a little disconcerting.  It was as if my life had become very routine--rote really.  I thought about it for a second & then found the comfort in knowing that things were going to happen in a specific way at a specific time.  It won't always be like that but for now, it's fine.

I hope all of you are safe, happy & enjoying your present location.  We're all fine smellin' the lilacs here at the end of the road.  Next up--rhododendrons. Thanks so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Some routines will stay; others will change somewhat; and others will disappear . . . replaced by something else. Life is dynamic - and wonderful! ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete