Monday, April 28, 2014

Celebration Day

We've had several very cool things to celebrate lately!  Yesterday we celebrated our granddaughter Emma's 16th birthday.  Emma is creative, smart, and very much her own person.  Among her gift requests were any of the seasons from the TV show "Supernatural".  We have no idea what it's about but she loves it.  She also requested "anything with the British flag on it".  Note her shoes--Doc Martins that we did not purchase for her but which she is completely in love with!  The messenger bag has a British flag on the front and I even found Duck Tape printed with British flags!  Emma was a very happy girl!
We were also celebrating Nicole & Ty's 2nd anniversary.  They were married two years ago today on Orcas Island up in the San Juans, which has always been a special place for them.
Their wedding day

And on their 2nd anniversary

And a third cause for celebration--after I saw my first patient this morning we went out to the front desk & I was just about to ask Vicki to schedule them for 4 weeks as is typical.  Before I could say a word, she said "I have to schedule 5 weeks out--4 weeks from today is Memorial Day."  Really?!  Wow!  We're entering what I lovingly call "Holiday Season'.  Here's the lineup--Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years & Retirement!  Life is so great!

Time for bed...we call it a day early here at the end of the road.  Thank you for stopping by.  Safe travels & much happiness.

4 comments:

  1. All happy reasons to be celebrating. Holiday Season - love it. Especially the retirement day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--retirement day will be the best holiday this year!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, you have the cutest family!!! When I was still working, I used to do that same thing, but I started with Labor day and threw in Halloween. Not a day off work, but a fun one for the kids. Then suddenly it was over, except for you, that will be the best part, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Barbara! I usually throw in Halloween too--it's such a fun time! Right-o! The very best part!

    ReplyDelete